Search your local authority

From April 2016, councils have to keep a register of aspiring self and custom home builders when planning for future housing and land use. That means you can register your interest for a plot of land in the local authority which covers the area where you want to build your home, as long as the local authority has not put a local connection test in place.

Enter your details below, and the town, city or postcode nearest to where you’d like to build, and we’ll help you find the relevant Right to Build register.

Please log in or register to use this tool.