Provided for free by Mayflower, Plot Prospector simplifies the process of finding self build plots in your area by sharing updates on all plots that have recently been awarded planning permission.
When signing up with the service you specify a postcode for the area where you’d like to build, and you get notified via email when new plots are granted planning permission within a 30-mile radius.
The notifications from Plot Prospector include plot addresses, the type of proposals, planning references and applicant names, putting you in the inside track when it comes to local plot information.
Benefits of Plot Prospector
- Live plot permission: The system has access to all UK self build plots that have been granted planning permission.
- User-friendly: Plot Prospector does the hard work, sharing an excel file weekly with the data that is relevant to your search.
- Detailed plot information: Listings include comprehensive data, including detailed descriptions, planning numbers and contact details for the seller or agent. This empowers you to make informed decisions about your potential plot.
- Free service: Unlike other plot-finding services with subscription fees, Plot Prospector is entirely free, giving everyone the opportunity to pursue their self build aspirations.
- Build trust: Mayflower wants the service to be no-strings attached, but hopes that users will become familiar with its brand. It hopes that should a project progress then this trust may lead self builders to using Mayflower to help them source funding.
“Plot Prospector is more than just a plot-finding tool; it’s a catalyst for self build success. By providing aspiring homeowners with the resources they need to find the perfect plot, Plot Prospector is democratising the self build process and making the dream of owning a personalised home a reality for more people than ever before,” says Mike Pawley, Director of Mayflower Mortgage and Finance.